Business Management & English as a First Language Teacher
for the International School Braunschweig - Wolfsburg
The CJD is one of the largest educational and social organizations in Germany. It employs more than 10,700 employees in supporting children, young people and adults at over 350 locations in daycare centers, schools, vocational training centers, in clinics, rehabilitation facilities, residential groups and workshops. The guiding principle of the CJD "No one should be lost!", which has been coined since the company was founded in 1947, means for the CJD today that every person has value and has the right to be included in society. The CJD supports people on this path. It enables people to develop their purpose and sense of identity by offering a wide array of educational opportunities based on the needs and competencies of the individual learner.
The International School Braunschweig-Wolfsburg was founded in 2004 and offers instruction in grades 1 - 12 as well as a Reception Class. It is a state-approved supplementary school according to §161 of the Lower Saxony School Law, language of instruction is English. The International School Braunschweig - Wolfsburg is accredited as a CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) School and as an IB (International Baccalaureate) World School. In Primary, Secondary I and in Secondary II, the students work according to the Cambridge Program and graduate with the IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education). In Years 11 and 12, the school works according to the IBO program, and the Senior School is completed with the IB Diploma. The International School sees itself as a school that supports children from all over the world. For German students, it provides the foundation that enables students to prepare for successful post-secondary educational opportunities and ultimately be successful in their future career in a globalized world. We offer a range of support inside the classroom and after hours for our students. We see diversity as our strength and an opportunity for enrichment. We maintain close contact with parents and guardians.
For more information about the International School, opportunities and perspectives, please visit our website at www.is.cjd-braunschweig.de/.
Your new responsibilities
- Preparation, implementation and follow-up of subject lessons in IB DP Business Management and English First Language, assignment in Middle and Senior School Language
- Regular assessment and evaluation of student performance
- Participation in teacher conferences and team meetings
- Use of digital media in the classroom
- National or international teaching license/certification for the subject or relevant professional experience
- Post-secondary education in the subject area or relevant real world experience
- Strong command of English language, both written and spoken
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to participate in extracurricular activities
- Enthusiasm for working with young people from all over the world
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Creativity, "out of the box” thinking & problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- High motivation and interest in professional development to improve one's own teaching practice and to apply contemporary pedagogical approaches in teaching
- Distinct willingness to succeed
- Membership in a Christian church that belongs to the Association of Christian Churches (ACK) in Germany is desirable.
- An attractive job in one of Germany's leading educational and social enterprises
- A responsible and largely independent position
- A long-term professional perspective in an appreciative working environment
- Opportunities for further training, professional development, supplementary qualifications and career advancement
- Structured on-boarding and placement support
- Performance-based remuneration with company pension plan and benefits
- Special discounts with over 800 brand suppliers
- Opportunity for your children to attend one of our schools at a reduced rate
- A community that supports faith-based, Christian values
Does this opportunity sound like the right fit for you?
Then send us your straightforward application using our online form or by e-mail.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Helmstedter Str. 37
Initially limited until 28.02.2025, with option of permanent employment
Initially 12-24 hours per week
Info & ContactInquiries to
Head of School